10th October 2019
16:00 - View all performance times
Revolucion De Cuba , 123-125 Above Bar Street
Join Softcat's Chief Technologists on the 10th October for a 'Pint of Tech' in Southampton.
With a complex and fast-moving marketplace, it can be hard to keep up with the latest developments and what this means to your organisation. So, we've challenged our Chief Technologists to condense their knowledge and learnings into pint-size sessions that cover everything you need to know, and nothing that you don’t. Agenda
The afternoon will be broken down into 10-15 minute talks from our Chief Technologists broken up by a 15 minute break for discussion, and to refill your glasses.
* **Opening statements: Dylan Foster-Edwards, Head of OCTO**
Dylan will kick off the afternoon with an update on the Softcat IT Priorities, and developments in the Office of the CTO.
* **Modern Workspace: Adam Harding, CT for Modern Workspace**
The workspace of the future will be defined by the new working culture fostered by digital transformation. Learn more about what’s driving the cultural change and how technology will evolve to support the ever-evolving demands of your people.
* **Cyber Security - Cloudy with a chance of security: Adam Louca, CT for Security**
Cloud computing is here to stay and love it or loath it, we still have to secure it. This talk will discuss the fundamental security changes operating in a cloud environment poses, and the techniques that can be deployed to mitigate the most common of these.
* **Hybrid Cloud - Datacentre to cloud and back again!: Dean Gardner, CT for Cloud**
Our chief technologist for cloud will follow on with an update on how the major public cloud Hyperscalers are acquiring businesses, developing more services and continue to find innovative ways to reach back into your organisation's traditional datacentre to drive cloud adoption.
* **Emerging Technologies - 15 in 15: Craig Lodzinski, CT for Emerging Technologies and Data**
Our Chief Technologist for Emerging Tech runs through fifteen of the latest industry trends and buzzwords, providing an honest, FUD-Free definition and evaluation of each, in just a minute per topic.
* **ACT - Advisory Services: James Seaman, Account Chief Technologist**
Actionable, achievable strategies to deliver the most from digital innovation and service redesign.
* **ACT - Services: John Boardman - Account Chief Technologist**
Is the traditional IT Outsourcer a dying breed, and if so, what are the alternatives?
* **Networking and discussion**
* **Buffet dinner and drinks**
We look forward to you joining us for a pint!
|10 Oct 2019 - 16:00||3 hours||Free||Book Tickets|