14th May 2020
9:00 - View all performance times
Jurys Inn Southampton , 1 Charlotte Place
This intensive two-day interactive training is designed to teach educational teams and parents the theory and protocol for the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), an evidence based practise. We begin with identifying key components to designing effective educational environments that foster communication. Through presenter demonstrations, video examples and role-play, you will learn the six phases of PECS, including how to teach spontaneous requests, attributes for expanding language, responding to questions and commenting. The workshop concludes with discussions about the relation between PECS and speech as well as criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities, such as speech generating devices (SGD).
**WHAT YOU WILL LEARN**
* Identify key components to designing an enriched learning environment using the Pyramid Approach to Education.
* Identify strategies for creating opportunities for communication across the day
* Implement the six phases of the PECS protocol
* Discuss the evidence about PECS and its relationship to speech
* Examine the criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities such as speech and SGDs
CPD Points: Continued Professional Development Points
This course is certified by the CPD certification service (the leading independent CPD accreditation institution) as conforming to continuing professional development principles. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance detailing eligible CPD hours which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
***Tuition Includes: ****Detailed Handout with space for note taking, The PECS Training Manual, 2nd Edition, Certificate of Attendance, lunch and refreshments on both days, Continuing Professional Development points available*
|14 May 2020 - 9:00||Standard - Min: £330.00||Book Tickets|