This is a fun, interesting and informative course prepares paddlers for; running taster sessions, coaching introductory core skills, coaching paddlers in a variety of craft and coaching in very sheltered water conditions, normally with the support of a more qualified coach.
The course will be delivered by two experienced coach educators, who want nothing more than to support you through this great award.
This course has two days of combined training and assessment.
Please make sure the following pre-requisites have been met:
• Foundation Safety and Rescue Training prior to attending the course – if you are attending an FSRT course within a couple of weeks of the Paddlesport Instructor Award course, please ask the provider for the course number so we have a record of it.
• Explore level of proficiency in paddlesport or Paddlepower Discover – certification is not essential, however if you are unsure of your skill level we do run accredited proficiency awards.
• A stamped British Canoeing Course Registation form
• Home Nations Membership – NB. Non-members have the option of joining the relevant Home Nation Association on the first day of the programme.
• Be the age of 14 years or older at the time of the course.
For full information on the syllabus, please visit the British Canoeing Website >
|31 Aug 2019 - 9:00||Free||Book Tickets|